[Magictour] Re: Stats

From: NovaTex Systems <hmackay_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: mar. juil. 01 2003 - 22:29:12 W. Europe Daylight Time

JC,

I should be thanking you for letting me be a part of this project and
helping me leave my mark in history. Like I said before, the thrill of
the search is the juice for me, not the prize money or fancy medals... I
don't make any money doing this, it actually costs me money to purchase,
maintain and run all the equipment. It's all worth it tough, I get to
meet new people from far away places that share the same interests as I
do. I have worked on a lot of projects and must say that I made friends
and contacts with people from the four corners of the world, everywhere
> from France to Australia, Brazil to Japan and even places like South
Africa and the Dominican Republic. Makes the world feel a lot smaller
sometimes!

NovaTex isn't much right now because most of our members are currently
exploring other interests. I plan on making NovaTex a world leader in
distributed computing, just think of the things we could do if we were
able to harness the cycles of even 20% of the worlds computers! I just
need to concentrate on school and work right now; I need to get more
certifications to be able to find a good paying job. I just have my
MCSE, CNE, A+ & A++, Oracle CDE, Hewlett-Packard CPE, Compaq & Dell CSE
and Cisco CSA. I'm working on some more Microsoft certifications and
some security courses.

Why is there no market for distributed computing in France? You have
twice the population of Canada so I'm sure that there is potential for
it. In my eyes, Europe is a lot more technologically advanced then
North America. Don't get me wrong, Canada & the United States are
leaders in the IT world and Canada is the country with the most PC's per
capita but still, we still have a long road ahead of us to catch up to
you guys!

BTW, I'm very interested and motivated by this project, when have I not
been with one of your projects JC!? hahaha... I thank you for not
making it distributed and am sorry if my desktop is taking so long to
compute some tours, I'll buy an Opteron or Alpha processor next time!

Cheers,

Hugues Mackay
VP International Operations
NovaTex Systems

Voice (902) 469-1543
Pager (902) 459-1209
Fax (831) 417-6237

| Dallas | Halifax | Melbourne | Paris | London |